Algunos todavía se lo están pensando. Otros creen que hasta ahora sólo hay intentos pero no se dan pasos firmes. Y algunos como el Banco Mundial está buscando un candidato a esta oferta de trabajo para reforzar el desarrollo y su estrategia de apertura de datos. Es interesante analizar la descripción del puesto y las e-competencias que se requieren.
The Development Data Group (DECDG) manages the overall coordination of the Open Data and is the secretariat for an Open Data Working Group composed of representatives from all key units in the Bank involved with the project. DECDG’s Open Data team is now seeking to recruit an individual to support the coordination of the Open Data Working Group’s activities and all aspects of its communication and outreach.
The successful candidate will assist with project planning for the Working Group. He or she will promote and market the open data and open development agendas with both internal and external stakeholders and audiences; ensure that the open data initiative continues to expand and generate excitement among users – for example, by suggesting areas for expansion of coverage; by ensuring that datasets are accessible using leading methods and techniques; and by ensuring that the data website (data.worldbank.org) continues to provide an appealing experience for users. The successful candidate will work within the DECDG Open Data team, but will be expected to work closely with other units throughout the Bank.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Specific tasks, duties, and responsibilities of the successful candidate are expected to be to:
- Support the implementation of the Open Data initiative, in consultation with other groups and stakeholders, including the management of the Open Data Working Group process.
- Maintain, manage and monitor a master plan for the Open Data initiative, including sub-projects managed by various groups around the Bank, and interact with task team leaders to ensure smooth implementation.
- Organize relevant meetings; provide recommendations for improvements; establish, manage and report on key performance indicators, including web metrics, etc.
- Support the day-to-day management, operation and maintenance of the World Bank’s open data website, including monitoring dataset additions and changes.
- Develop new ways for users to consume and experience the Bank’s datasets, acting on feedback.
- Identify new high-value datasets (such as data relevant at local levels) for inclusion in the Open Data initiative and associated tools.
- Write, edit and review content for use on data.worldbank.org, blogs, video, and other on-line media outlets, and for use at events (e.g. blog posts, news stories, flyers and presentations for events, tweets, newsletters, etc.)
- Educate and inform internal and external audiences about the various tools and resources related to open data and open development; market and promote the Open Data Initiative through networking and presentation opportunities, including the use of social media.
- Engage audiences in a dialogue around the data and its use, and encourage greater involvement of key communities such as development researchers and academics, policy-makers in client countries, and software developers.
- Pro-actively monitor activity, and engage and contribute as appropriate, in relevant on-line discussion groups (for example, the Google group for the API, the Drupal group for developers using the World Bank Drupal modules, the discussion for Apps for Development entrants, and comments on relevant blogs – e.g. “Let’s Talk Development”).
- Maintain an Open Data calendar of events, initiating, planning and organizing relevant internal and external events on Open Data to link ideas, sponsors, partners and data enthusiasts.
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. Economics, Statistics, Communications, Geography, International Relations, International Development, Public Affairs, Journalism, Marketing, Political Science, or related subject), plus a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience; or a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline and 5 years of work experience.
- Experience and proficiency working with public statistics and data management. Prior involvement in open data and open government communities is an advantage.
- Experience in international development, including knowledge of international trends and political, social and economic issues related to development.
- Experience with online marketing, advocacy, web analytics and search engine optimization. Expertise using social media and other digital technologies is an advantage.
- Expertise with web development, particularly use of APIs and web development standards. Knowledge of technologies used by the World Bank (e.g. HTML, XML, PHP, Drupal, .NET) is an advantage.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with a strong command of English and an ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, direct, and lively style.
- Ability to use strong interpersonal and teamwork skills to cultivate effective, productive client relationships and partnerships and generate excitement around the Open Data Initiative.
- Ability to solve problems, with strong investigative and research skills.
- Sensitivity to working in a multicultural environment.
Interested Candidates please contact:
Neil Fantom (World Bank Open Data Manager) email@example.com or
Vera Wen (DECDG) firstname.lastname@example.org
Enlaces relacionados en la servilleta: